Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Real Me


You don't care
Who I am
You don't care
About me
You don't care
That I feel and think
You don't care
About what you see.
You think I'm a loser
A boozer,
An uncontrollable lout
Who drags her feet
Is full of deceit
And with druggies hangs about.
You don't care
Why should you?
Why should you care about me?
After all, isn't it enough
To know that you know about me?
You just do it
Because you have to
You don't care a shit
You think I'm a twit
And you wonder why I blame you?
You think I'm a freak
With the morals of a stray cat on heat
Can't you see
That that isn't the real me?
You don't see the real me inside
All you see is what's on the outside
The result of years
Of constant tears
And of people who've lied and lied.
You never see
The real me
The girl who once smiled and laughed
Who had not a care in the world
What I wouldn't give
To forget and live
And be that girl again.
All you see
Is someone who creeps
Sneaks
And cheats
A person who knows no other way.
A person who's soul is destroyed
Who's plotted and ployed
Who's even tried to take her own life.
A person who cuts herself
With a knife
Who wishes she were dead
Who hits herself in the head
Who screams at you
Who tries to hit you
Even when you're trying to help....
A girl who's never felt
The feeling of love
An emotion of attachment
Sent from above.
You don't understand
What I go through
Every single day...
Black days
Blue days
In so many different ways.
I strike out at you
With dangerous accuracy
Of course you don't realise
That isn't really me.
I want to be that girl again
That girl I once was...
I get vacant memories of she
I don't recognise her
She's so happy and carefree
It's hard to believe that girl
Was once me.
I believe she still is
Deep down inside
I believe she's survived
The tears I've cried
The people who've died
The people who've lied.
I want to be her again
I yearn to be her once more...
You sometimes get flashes of she
When I'm OK and mood free
And I think you like what you saw.
You like the real me
And I do too...
You care about she
And I do too.
I want to be her
I need to be her
So you can see
That what you see everyday
Isn't necessarily
Isn't always
Almost definitely isn't
The real me.